Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Don't determine your worth by comparing yourself with others.
It is because we are different that each of us is special.
Don't set your goals by what others deem important.
Only you know what is best for you.
Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart;
cling to them as you would your life, for without them life
Don't let your life slip through your fingers
by living in the past or for the future.
By living your life ONE DAY AT A TIME
you will live all the days of your life.
Don't give up when you still have something to give.
Nothing is really over... until the moment you stop trying.
Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect;
it is this fragile thread that binds us to each other.
Don't be afraid to encounter risks,
It's by taking chances we learn how to be brave.
Don't shut LOVE out of your life
by saying it's impossible to find.
The quickest way to receive LOVE is to give LOVE,
the fastest way to lose LOVE is to hold it too tightly
and the best way to keep LOVE is to give it wings.
Don't dismiss your dreams.
To be without dreams is to be without HOPE;
To be without HOPE is to be without purpose.
Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only
WHERE YOU'VE BEEN -- but also -- WHERE YOU'RE GOING.
Life isn't a race, but......
IT'S A JOURNEY -- TO BE SAVORED EACH STEP OF THE WAY.
Whatever your cross, whatever your pain,
There will always be sunshine after the rain.
Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall,
But God's always ready to answer your call.
He knows every heartache, sees every tear,
A word from His lips can calm every fear.
Your sorrows may linger throughout the night,
But suddenly vanish at dawn's early light.
The Savior is waiting somewhere above
To give you His grace and send you His love.
Whatever your cross, whatever your pain,
God always sends rainbows after the rain.
- Andrew Chase -
Proven Ways to Get Along Better With EVERYONE
1. Before you say anything to anyone, ask yourself 3 things:
1. Is it true?
2. Is it kind?
3. Is it necessary?
2. Make promises sparingly and keep them faithfully.
3. Never miss the opportunity to compliment or say something encouraging to someone.
4. Refuse to talk negatively about others; don't gossip and don't listen to gossip.
5. Have a forgiving view of people. Believe that most people are doing the best they can.
6. Keep an open mind; discuss, but don't argue. (It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.)
7. Forget about counting to 10. Count to 1,000 before doing or saying anything that could make matters worse.
8. Let your virtues speak for themselves.
9. If someone criticizes you, see if there is any TRUTH to what he is saying; if so, make changes. If there is no truth to the criticism, ignore it and live so that no one will believe the negative remark.
10. Cultivate your sense of humor; laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
11. Do not seek so much to be consoled, as to console; do not seek so much to be understood, as to understand; do not seek so much to be loved as to love.
How are you? I just had to send a note to tell you how much I care about you. I saw you yesterday as you were talking with your friends. I waited all day hoping you would talk to me, too.
I gave you a sunset to chase your day and a cool breeze to rest you and I waited. You never came. It hurt me but I still love you because I am your friend.
I saw you sleeping last night and longed to touch your brow so I spilled moonlight upon your face.
Again I waited, waiting to rush down so we could talk.
I have so many gifts for you! I try to tell you in blue skies
and in the quiet green grass.
I whisper it in leaves on the trees and breathe it in colors of flowers, shout it to you in mountain streams, give the birds love songs to sing.
I clothe you in warm sunshine and perfume the air with nature scents. My love for you is deeper than the ocean and bigger than the biggest need in your heart.
Ask me! Talk with me! Please don’t forget me.
I have so much to share with you.
I have chosen you and I will wait for you.
I love you!