Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Letter to Ponder


Dear Friend,

How are you? I just had to send a note to tell you how much I care about you. I saw you yesterday as you were talking with your friends. I waited all day hoping you would talk to me, too.
I gave you a sunset to chase your day and a cool breeze to rest you and I waited. You never came. It hurt me but I still love you because I am your friend.
I saw you sleeping last night and longed to touch your brow so I spilled moonlight upon your face.

Again I waited, waiting to rush down so we could talk.
I have so many gifts for you! I try to tell you in blue skies
and in the quiet green grass.

I whisper it in leaves on the trees and breathe it in colors of flowers, shout it to you in mountain streams, give the birds love songs to sing.

I clothe you in warm sunshine and perfume the air with nature scents. My love for you is deeper than the ocean and bigger than the biggest need in your heart.

Ask me! Talk with me! Please don’t forget me.
I have so much to share with you.
I have chosen you and I will wait for you.
I love you!

Your friend,

Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment